Isle of Wight DayBook
Isle of Wight Day sees a smorgasbord of events take place in celebration of the Island. The day encourages residents and visitors alike to have fun with carnivals, street parades and special offers aplenty. What’s more, it helps raise money for some fantastic Isle of Wight causes.
We are offering up to 33% off your ferry travel to the Island for Isle of Wight Day. See below for more details.
Money off your Isle of Wight Day sailing
You can get up to 33% off your ferry travel to the Island. Book your offer below.
|Ticket type||Saving||Valid for Outward journey from the mainland||Valid for Return journey from the Island|
|Car day return or overnight stay||25%||23 September 2017||23 and 24 September 2017||Book offer|
|Car short stay and long break||25%||21 and 23 September 2017||24, 25 and 26 September 2017||Book offer|
|Foot passenger day return||33%||23 September 2017||23 September 2017||Book offer|
What you can do
There’s something for everyone to do on Isle of Wight Day. Here are our suggestions:
Dress your place up
Last year, 75 miles of bunting was hung around the Island in celebration. This year, over 100 miles will be given away for to decorate businesses, houses, towns and villages – visit the Isle of Wight Day website for details of how to get your bunting.
There will be ‘best dressed’ awards for the prettiest house and village.
Eat local produce
Local pubs, restaurants, cafes and hotels throughout the Island who use locally-sourced ingredients will all be competing for the ‘Dish of the IOW Day’. Check online to find out who’s taking part and vote for your favourite food.
There will be badges and wristbands available for a small donation to local charities and bucket collections throughout the day. You can also donate through the Isle of Wight Day website.
Thursday, 21 September
- Cow Co, IOW Day Quiz Night – 18:00 – 22:00. The Cow Co, Newport Road, Yarmouth PO41 0YJ.
Saturday, 23 September
- The Big Parade (Ryde) – 13:00 – 14:30. Forming in Dover Street, Ryde, there will be an electric carnival atmosphere. The parade will culminate with a gathering at Simeon Street recreation ground where there will be stalls, shows and further performances.
- Free Isle of sweets craft sessions – 09:30 – 16:30. 44 High Street, Shanklin, PO37 6JN.
- Garlic Farm Tractor Trailer Tours – 09:00 – 17:00. The Garlic Farm, Mersley Lane, Newchurch, PO36 0NR.
- Bembridge Harbour Food Festival – 10:00 – 17:00. Bembridge Sailing Club, Embankment Rd, Bembridge.
- Island Business & Community Fayre – 10:00 – 16:00. Winchester House, YMCA, Shanklin.
- IW Steam Railway Cider & Cheese Event – 11:00 – 17:00. The Railway Station, Havenstreet, PO33 4DS.
- Whitwell W.I. Beetle Drive -14:00 – 16:30. Whitwell Village Hall.
- The Phoenix Choir at All Saints’ Church -19:30 – 21:00. All Saints Chutrch, Queen’s Rd, Ryde, PO33 3AF.
Sunday 24th September
- IOW Day Picnic at Tapnell Farm – 10:00 – 17:00. Tapnell Farm Park, Newport Road, Yarmouth, PO41 0YJ
- Bembridge Harbour Food Festival – 10:00 – 15:30. Bembridge Sailing Club, Embankment Rd, Bembridge
- Songs of Praise – 16:00 – 19:00. Introduced by Alan Titchmarsh and the Isle of Wight Symphony Orchestra at Cowes Enterprise College. Tickets available for £2.50 per person plus a 25p processing fee.
2.Promotional codes can be redeemed online, at our Ticket Offices or via our Contact Centre between 13 July 2017 and 23 September 2017. A booking fee of £5.00 will apply for vehicle bookings made through our Contact Centre and £10.00 through our Ticket Office.
3. This is a capacity controlled promotion. When all spaces allocated to this promotion are booked the promotion will end. Wightlink reserves the right to modify or cancel the offer at any time.
4. 25% off car day returns and overnight stays is valid for bookings made between 13 July 2017 and 23 September 2017 for a day return or 1 (one) night stay. Travel must be between 23 and 24 September 2017 (inclusive).
5. 25% off car short stays and long breaks is valid for bookings made between 13 July 2017 and 23 September 2017 for a short break (1-4 nights) or long break (5 nights+). Travel must be between 21 and 26 September 2017 (inclusive). Offer excludes travel on Friday 22 September 2017.
6. 33% off foot passenger day return is valid for bookings made between 13 July 2017 and 23 September 2017. Travel must be made on 23 September 2017.
7. Car offer is valid for Low vehicles (up to 5.00m long and up to 2.24m high), High vehicles (up to 5.00m long and 2.24m to 4.2m high), Low passenger vehicles (5.01m to 15m long and up to 2.24m high) and High passenger vehicles (5.01m to 15m long and over 2.24m to 4.2m high) as set out here with a driver and up to 6 (six) passengers. Offer is not valid for motorcycles including trikes and quad bikes.
8. Code cannot be used against Season Tickets, Attraction and Festival Tickets, Multilink Passes, and any other Promotional Offers including Tesco Clubcard bookings, already discounted fares, B2B (Business to Business) bookings, Coaches, Freight vehicles and Minibuses.
9. Discount is not valid for cash or cash equivalent and no adjustments can be made on previous purchases.
10.Offer is subject to availability and may be withdrawn at any time.
11. Wightlink General Conditions for provision of Ferry Services apply and can be found here.
Get even more from Wightlink. Sign up to our newsletter and get the lowdown on what's happening on the Isle of Wight, offers and competitions.
Isle of Wight Day admission charges