Shipwreck Isle 2017Book
2 July 2017 will see Ryde’s Appley Beach invaded by a swarm of pirates, sailors, red-coats, and ne’er-do-wells. They’ll spend the day having a riotous time – seeking lost treasure, skirmishing, eating delicious vittles, swigging grog, and dancing to the best shanties the Isle of Wight has to offer. You can join in, if that kind of thing floats your galleon!
Shipwreck Isle is a fantastic, family-friendly event which is completely free to attend. Dressing up in piratical costume will certainly help you blend in with the always-enthusiastic crowd, but it’s by no means compulsory.
As well as defending the Isle of Wight from costumed, swashbuckling hordes, there’s plenty in the way of entertainment. You could play nautical games, learn a few pirate tricks, peruse the wares on sale in Blackbeard’s market, enjoy the piratical music or simply kick back and watch the pirate stories and madness unfold!
The day kicks off at 11.00am, with a procession from Eastern Gardens, Ryde to Appley Beach – all pirates should meet here to join in! Throughout the course of the day there will also be sword fighting workshops, pirate skirmishes and a licensed bar.
|11.00am||Jack Sparrow in chains: procession, trial and sword fighting, starting at Eastern Gardens, Ryde|
|12.00pm||Something about Mondays (folk band)|
|12.00pm, 1.30pm and 2.45pm||Pirate Punch and Judy|
|1.00pm and 2.30pm||Samba workshops|
|2.00pm||Double Hitch (pirate folk band)|
|4.00pm||Derek Sandy (solo reggae artist)|
|5.00pm||The Ohmz (reggae artist)|
Shipwreck Isle is completely free to attend. However, visitors from the mainland are advised to book ferry passage and possibly accommodation first. Wightlink runs a foot-passenger service directly to Ryde, where the festival will be taking place. We can either ferry you back the same day, or leave you to savour the delights of the Island before heading home. There is plenty of holiday accommodation in Ryde to suit every need and budget! Book today, and start practising your best pirate ‘Aarrrr!’
Kids Go Free
Travel on our Portsmouth Harbour to Ryde Pier Head foot passenger catamaran and take your Kids for Free on Sunday, 2 July 2017.
Under 5s always travel free with us but you can also take up to two children aged 5-15 for free with every adult foot passenger day return.
Just mention ‘Kids Go Free’ at the ticket office on the day.
2. This is a capacity controlled promotion. When all spaces allocated to this promotion are booked the promotion will end. Wightlink reserves the right to modify or cancel the offer at any time.
3. 2 (two) x Child Day Return (5-15) travel FREE when 1 (one) x Adult Day Return is purchased for bookings made on Sunday, 2 July 2017. Travel must take place on Sunday, 2 July 2017 and the group must travel together to get the offer.
4. Quote “Kids Go Free” to staff at Portsmouth Harbour ticket office to redeem offer.
5. Offer cannot be used against any Vehicle Tickets, Season Tickets, Attraction and Festival Tickets, Multilink Passes, and any other Promotional Offers including Tesco Clubcard Boost tokens, already discounted fares, B2B (Business to Business) bookings.
6. Discount is not valid for cash or cash equivalent and no adjustments can be made on previous purchases.
7. Wightlink General Conditions for provision of Ferry Services apply and can be found here.
Appley Rd, Ryde, Isle of Wight, PO33, England
Get even more from Wightlink. Sign up to our newsletter and get the lowdown on what's happening on the Isle of Wight, offers and competitions.
Shipwreck Isle 2017 admission charges