Wightlink welcomes pets on all our vessels and they travel free of charge.
We appreciate not everyone wants to be around animals and some suffer from allergies that make it extremely uncomfortable to be around them.
So we can provide an enjoyable experience for all our customers, we recommend pets remain in your vehicles with a window slightly open. Please be aware you will not be permitted to remain in the vehicle with your pet.
If this is not suitable please ensure you adhere to our pet travelling rules at all times:
- Keep pets on a lead at all times on our port and on board our ships and FastCats.
- Do not leave your pet unaccompanied at any time.
- Pets are only permitted to travel in our Pet Friendly areas on board our ships. Our team will direct you to these areas if required.
- No pets are allowed on any seats at any time.
- If your pet has a toilet accident, the owner is responsible for cleaning up the mess and ensuring the area is clean and hygienic for other customers. Waste is to be disposed of in the appropriate bins on our ports or disposed of after leaving the ship if on board.
- Waste bags and cleaning items are to be supplied by the owner.
- Pets are not allowed in any of our retail outlets.
- If your pet becomes distressed, aggressive, causes a disturbance or is believed to a risk to other customers while travelling, a member of our team will assist you to an isolated stairway or outside desk until your pet calms down.
- Assistance dogs are welcome in all areas of our port, ships and FastCats.
We also recommend you:
- Avoid feeding your pet directly before you travel as they may become travel sick.
- Make sure your pet has been to the toilet before travelling.
- Always carry fresh water so your pet doesn’t become dehydrated.
- Always carry waste bags and cleaning equipment in case of accidents.
The Island is one of the UK’s most dog friendly destinations. For more inspiration and our guide of Dog friendly beaches check Wightlink’s blog.