Wightlink welcomes pets on all our vessels and they travel free of charge. You are responsible for your pet at all times when travelling and must make sure they are looked after and secure.
Remember not everyone feels comfortable around animals and other passengers may have allergies. That’s why we have dedicated pet areas on all our car ferries, just follow the signs once you’re on board.
- Keep dogs on a lead at all times.
- Follow the signs to our dedicated pet areas on board, there is a comfortable lounge inside the ship as well as access to our sun decks outside for walkies.
- Car ferry crossings take up to 45 minutes, make sure your pets have time to relieve themselves before you board.
- Please clean up after your pet and dispose of waste responsibly.
- If you leave your pet in your car make sure the window is slightly open and water is available.
- Your vet will be able to advise you of the best way to help keep your pet calm and reduce stress, seek their advice before travelling if you have a ferry-first-timer.
- If your pet is unpredictable in new environments, around new people or other pets then you must leave them in your car during the journey. Remember to keep a window slightly open and make water available.
- Passengers are not allowed to stay in their vehicles during the crossing. If you’re leaving your pet in the car you won’t be able to stay with them.
- Pets are not allowed to sit on seats.
- Don’t worry, you don’t need a pet passport or travel documents to take your pet to the Isle of Wight.
Registered guide dogs are permitted in all on board lounges.
The Island is one of the UK’s most dog friendly destinations. For more inspiration and our guide of Dog friendly beaches check Wightlink’s blog.