GENERAL CONDITIONS FOR FERRY SERVICES
These conditions apply to the carriage of all passengers, vehicles and goods on our ferries so PLEASE READ THESE CONDITIONS CAREFULLY
ferry – any catamaran, ship or other vessel operated by us (or by any person on our behalf) on any sailing;
general conditions – these conditions;
goods – cargo, property, baggage, machinery, equipment and other goods including:-
online booking facilities – our online booking facilities which we make available on our website;
passenger – means any person (other than a member of our staff or crew) who:-
person – any natural person and any company or other incorporated or unincorporated body;
photocard – a card issued by us for the purposes of identifying the card holder and which carries a passport size photograph of the card holder;
port – any port or harbour to (or from) which any of our sailings operate;
premises – any premises owned, operated or occupied by us (or any of our authorised agents) including our offices, any passenger lounge or ticket office and any dockside facilities (such as car parks, storage facilities or loading areas) and any dock, pontoon, ramps, gangways and other boarding or loading equipment or facilities;
price – our fees and charges for travel or carriage on a sailing;
regulations – any instructions, rules, stipulations, regulations, guidelines, policies and procedures issued by us which are applicable to tickets, bookings, sailings, passengers, goods or vehicles and shall include our product guide as published on our website from time to time setting out details of our all our ticket and booking types and our other products together with any additional terms and conditions which may apply in respect of them;
route – a route between two ports upon which we operate a ferry;
sailing – a sailing of a ferry on a route;
shipper- any person (including their employee, sub-contractor or agent), whose goods or whose vehicle we carry on any sailing and who does not travel with the goods or vehicle on the sailing as a passenger;
ticket – a ticket we or our authorised agents issue on paper, by fax, by E-mail or electronically to passengers which entitles one or more passengers (and if applicable, one or more vehicles)to travel on one or more sailings and which may include all or any of the following information:-
trailer – any non-motorised wagon, trailer or caravan;
vehicle – includes:-
website – our websitewhich is available at www.wightlink.co.uk;
Wightlink, we, us, our – Wightlink Limited whose registered office is at Gunwharf Road, Portsmouth. PO1 2LA including our staff and crew;
References in these general conditions to ‘you‘and ‘your‘are references to a passenger or a shipper and will include any other person who purchases a ticket or makes a booking for or on behalf of any passenger or shipper;
Any words following the terms including, include, in particular, for example, such as or any similar expression are intended to be illustrative and shall not limit the sense of the words, which follow them.
2.10 You acknowledge and agree that we are not a ‘common carrier’ (someone who must take any passenger who offers the right payment).
2.11 You agree that the contract is subject to the laws of England and any claim or dispute under it will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
2.12 If you have any query relating to any of these conditions, please contact the Wightlink customer service team on tel. 0333 999 7333 (network charges may apply) or by using the ‘contact us’ form set out on our website .
(b) without having the proper legal authority; or
(c) which are not properly and safely stowed, contained, secured, packaged and labelled;
13.5.2 fail to observe or comply with applicable laws, regulation or guidelines or any instructions we may give in relation to dangerous goods; or
13.5.3 fail to observe or comply with any condition of your contract with us which relates to dangerous goods;
we may refuse to allow you onto our premises or aboard any sailing, require you to vacate our premises or remove the dangerous goods from our premises or to disembark from the sailing and remove the dangerous goods from the sailing at the earliest opportunity and we shall be entitled in our sole discretion and without notice to you or your passengers or to any shipper, to remove, disembark, abandon, destroy, dispose of or render innocuous the dangerous goods. In these circumstances, we shall have no liability to compensate you for any resulting loss and we will have no obligation to waive or to provide any refund to you of any prices, fees or charges paid or payable by you. In addition, we reserve the right to charge you all costs and expenses which we incur in taking such action.
13.6 We will not in any circumstances, allow onto our premises or aboard any sailing:-
13.6.1 any passenger carrying dangerous goods about their person;
13.6.2 any spare cans or containers of gas or fuel (including empty cans or containers).
13.7 You must ensure that any domestic LPG supply for any caravan, motorcaravan, boat or other vehicle in your booking, is shut off, disconnected and adequately secured while on our premises and while on board any sailing.
13.8 You shall at all times remain responsible for any injury, loss or damage resulting from your dangerous goods whether or not you havenotified us of the dangerous goods and whether or not we have agreed in writing to carry them.
13.9 If you are unsure whether any goods are dangerous goods, please refer to our website or contact us for further information.
Download the Passenger Rights under EU Regulation 1177/2010
99.3% reliability based on number of scheduled Vs cancelled sailings across Portsmouth – Fishbourne, Portsmouth – Ryde and Lymington – Yarmouth routes, from 27 March 2016 to 25 March 2017.
4.5* Trip Advisor rating based on Lymington – Yarmouth route on 29 June 2017.
Vouchers can be used towards the purchase of any travel on Wightlink’s services. They cannot be used in retail units, on business credit accounts, nor for any third party extras (such as festival, attraction or rail tickets, etc.).
Vouchers are non-refundable and have no cash redemption value. Valid for one year from date of issue – travel must be completed before the expiry date of the voucher which cannot be extended.
Most vehicle and passenger fares can be reserved online with no booking fee using the special link here. These vouchers cannot be used online with another discount (such as blue badge discount, promotions, special links, etc.) or to make Ticket Pass top-ups. For most other vehicle reservations, a booking fee of £5.00 will apply for bookings made through our Contact Centre or £10.00 at a ticket office. You will need the voucher number at the time of making your booking.
You can use more than one voucher within the same transaction, and if you do not use the full value you can use the voucher again next time you book until all the credit is used up until the expiry date of the voucher. Once the voucher has expired, any remaining value will be lost.
Promo code must be quoted when booking on the phone or at a Wightlink Ticket office. If a booking is made online the promo code must be inserted at stage 4 of the booking process.
May not be used in conjunction with any other offers, promotions or discounts. Not available to account customers.
We reserve the right to withdraw the offer at any time without notice. Wightlink General Conditions for provision of Ferry Services apply and can be found www.wightlink.co.uk/terms.
The promo code is limited and once this limit has been reached the discount will no longer be applied.
10% off Car, Motorcycle and Foot Passenger day return ferry travel to and from the Isle of Wight
Bookings can be made online at www.wightlink.co.uk, via our Contact Centre 0333 999 7333 or at a Wightlink ticket office, when quoting HP18HTA. Please print this voucher and bring it with you on the day of travel
The offer entitles Hampshire Top Attractions visitors to a 10% discount on all Car, Motorcycle and Foot Passenger day return ferry fares including Economy, Standard and IW Residents tickets when travelling to and from the Isle of Wight. Valid for bookings made and travel taken between 1 January 2018 and 31 December 2018 (inclusive) or until the limit has been reached.
Bookings can be made online www.wightlink.co.uk with no booking fee. Simply enter the promotion code in the ‘Promotion Code’ box at the ‘Your Details’ stage of your booking. The discount will appear at the payment stage. Vehicle bookings made via the Wightlink Contact Centre 0333 999 7333 or in advance at a Wightlink ticket office will incur a £5.00 booking fee. Vehicle bookings made at a Wightlink ticket office at the time of travel will incur a £10.00 booking fee. Payment must be made at the time of booking. The discount cannot be applied retrospectively to a booking.
Vehicles include Low Vehicles (up to 5.00m long and up to 2.24m high), High Vehicles (up to 5.00m long and 2.24m to 4.2m high), Low Passenger vehicles (5.01m to 15m long and up to 2.24m high) and High Passenger vehicles (5.01m to 15m long and over 2.24m to 4.2m high) with a driver and up to 6 (six) passengers. Vehicles also include Motorcycles, Trikes and Quad Bikes with a rider and up to 1 (one) passenger.
The promotion code cannot be used against Season Tickets, Multilink Passes, attraction and festival tickets, any other promotional offer including Tesco Clubcard Boost tokens, already discounted fares, B2B (Business to Business) bookings, groups of 10 foot passengers or more, motorhomes, minibuses, coaches, commercial and freight vehicles over 5.00m in length.
Wightlink reserves the right to modify or cancel the offer at any time.
Wightlink General Conditions for provision of Ferry Services apply.
1. Entry is open to all UK residents who have travelled with Wightlink Ltd and have been invited to take part in this survey. It excludes employees of Wightlink Ltd or anyone professionally connected with the administration of the draw.
2. If you are under 16, please check with your parent or guardian before completing the survey.
3. The prize is (1 x) return car ferry travel to and from the Isle of Wight from either Portsmouth or Lymington, Fishbourne or Yarmouth subject to availability. Ticket is valid for a car plus seven passengers and excludes mini-buses, coaches, caravans / trailers, and commercial vehicles over 5 metres in length.
4. One winner will be chosen on the 28th of each month at random from all entries received.
5. Winner will be notified by the 10th day of the following month.
6. Prize must be redeemed within 12 months of the prize being issued (prize cannot be extended).
7. The prize must be accepted as a whole and no alternative full-cash or other prize is available, in whole or in part, except that in the event of circumstances outside of its control Wightlink Ltd reserves the right to substitute a similar alternative of equal or greater value.
8. Unless otherwise agreed in writing by Wightlink Ltd, the prize will only be available to the winner and cannot be sold or transferred.
9. Wightlink Ltd reserves the right to amend, alter or withdraw the promotion as necessary due to exceptional circumstances outside its reasonable control.
10. Participants are required to supply complete and accurate details. In the case of incomplete or incorrect details being provided, or Wightlink Ltd being unable to contact the winner within 28 days, Wightlink Ltd reserves the right to award the prize to a reserve selected at the same time as the original. If neither can be contacted or doesn’t claim, the prize will be forfeit for that draw.
11. Winning names may be displayed on our website after notification; a paper copy of winning names is available. Please send a SAE to: Customer Relations, Wightlink Ltd, Gunwharf Road, Portsmouth, PO1 2LA.
12. By entering the competition, entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by these terms and conditions. Any contact details will only be used to fulfil the prize and will not be used by Wightlink Ltd nor passed to any third party for marketing purposes. To contact us about the survey or prize, please email our customer relations team at email@example.com or by writing to: Customer Relations, Wightlink Ltd, Gunwharf Road, Portsmouth, PO1 2LA.