Gunwharf – Fishbourne
We are looking for smart, enthusiastic, customer focused individuals to join our afloat retail outlets for the busy summer season.
Key elements of the role are:
- To assist the Senior Steward and Steward maximise revenue generation with minimal wastage.
- Undertake till /shop/mobile outlet operation when required by the Senior Steward.
- Follow till procedures correctly at all times and ensure the security of cash and vouchers, etc.
- Undertake stocktaking procedures as required.
- Ensure that all stock is within its sell by date and carry out effective control over waste.
- Be aware of ships safety procedures and take part in drills.
- Help maintain highest standards of food quality and customer service.
- Support compliance of all health, safety and food hygiene regulations.
- Support compliance with all licensing arrangements for operation of catering/retail outlets onboard for the sale of alcoholic beverages.
- Assist in maintaining a high standard of cleanliness in all work areas and passenger accommodation, including toilets.
- Maintain highest levels of your own performance.
- Resolve customer complaints as far as possible; otherwise ensure they are dealt with through recognised Company procedures.
- Provide appropriate information to passengers to enhance their travel experience with Wightlink.
As a Lounge / Retail Assistant, you will be employed on a 4-6 month fixed term contract, starting immediately, to cover our peak season. You will be required to work across all days of the week including weekends and Bank Holidays.
How to apply
If you are interested in this vacancy, please send a summary of your qualifications, experience and the reasons why you wish to apply to email@example.com. Please include all your contact details, including your address, landline and mobile telephone numbers.