The Isle of Wight is the perfect place for family adventures. This summer we’ve been inspired by We’re Going on a Bear Hunt – so let your kid’s imagination run wild on their own Bear Hunt adventure on the Isle of Wight, just like the film and award-winning book.
Find locations just like the film and the award-winning book on the Isle of Wight. There are some official Bear Hunt events taking place across the Island too. Pick up your free Isle of Wight Bear Hunt adventure guide on board and at our ports, or download it here.
We’re delighted to have storyteller Sue Bailey on board our flagship, St Clare, on selected Saturdays through the school summer holidays. Sue will be bringing We’re Going on a Bear Hunt to life for our younger customers, taking them on a journey through the swishy swashy grass and beyond.
To celebrate 175 years of family adventure, you’re invited to win a magical family holiday on the Isle of Wight worth over £2,000 with Visit Isle of Wight’s fantastic competition. You can get a seven-night stay in a Classic Cottages property, ferry travel to the Island, entry to a host of attractions and meals out for the whole family.
As part of the bumper prize package, you’ll also find there’s plenty to see and do on the Isle of Wight:
Runners up will win some fantastic ‘We’re Going on a Bear Hunt’ merchandise from our friends at Walker Productions Ltd.
We’re going on a bear hunt.
We’re going to catch a big one.
What a beautiful day!
We’re not scared.
We’re Going On A Bear Hunt (c) Bear Hunt Films Ltd 2016. Licensed by Walker Productions Ltd. on behalf of Bear Hunt Films Ltd.
‘A Lupus Films production in association with Bear Hunt Films and Walker Productions for Channel 4, Universal Pictures and Herrick Entertainment with the support of Creative Europe – MEDIA programme of the European Union.’
1. The Visit Isle of Wight Win an Isle of Wight holiday worth over £2000 competition (the “Competition”) is open to residents of the UK aged 18 and over.
2. The Competition is not open to employees or agencies of Visit Isle of Wight Ltd (“VIOW”), their group companies or family members or anyone else connected to the Competition.
3. Entry into the Competition is acceptance of these Terms and Conditions and those of Classic Cottages and other partners listed below.
4. To enter the Competition you must enter your details as above. If you have any questions about how to enter or in connection with the Competition, please email email@example.com with “Visit Isle of Wight ‘Win an Isle of Wight holiday worth over £2000’ in the subject line.
5. Please note you are also able to enter this competition on www.visitisleofwight.co.uk and one winner will be picked from the combination of entries on visitisleofwight.co.uk and wightlink.co.uk.
6. Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed. You are responsible for the cost of sending your Competition entry to us.
7. No responsibility is taken for entries that are lost, delayed, misdirected or incomplete or cannot be delivered or entered for any technical or other reason. Proof of delivery of the entry is not proof of receipt.
8. The Competition closes 23.59 on Friday 30th November 2018. Entries received after that date and time will not be considered.
9. Winners will be chosen from a random draw of entries. See note 5.
10. The value of the prize (over £2000) is based on a family of four travelling to and staying on the Isle of Wight in a Classic Cottages property. All prices correct at time of publication.
11. The prize is to be taken at any time (subject to availability) during 2019.
12. The prize includes a seven night stay in a Classic Cottages property (winners must agree to abide by Classic Cottages’ Booking Conditions and the holiday can be taken at any time during 2019, subject to availability. One holiday to the value of £1500, non-transferrable, non-refundable)
Travel to the Island for a car and passengers
Family ticket for both Blackgang Chine and Robin Hill
Family tickets to National Trust Mottistone Gardens and Needles Old Battery (Family free entry ticket is for two adults and two children or one adult and three children, and is non-transferable and non-refundable. The free entry ticket does not include free entry to any ticketed event being hosted on the day of the visit.)
Family tickets to English Heritage properties Carisbrooke and Osborne
VIP Family ticket to Monkey Haven (VIP ticket must be booked a week in advance.)
Family ticket to The Needles Landmark Attraction
Family Alpaca Walk at West Wight Alpacas
Family meal for four at The Cow Co
Family Entry to Tapnell Farm Park
Family meal at The Boathouse
A Liz Earle Signature Facial for one person at their Island Store and treatment rooms.
13. The winner of the Competition will be notified by phone or email on or before 8th December 2018 and given details of how to claim their prize. If a winner does not respond to VIOW within 5 days of being notified by VIOW, then the winner’s prize will be forfeited and VIOW shall be entitled to select another winner (and that winner will have to respond to the phone call or email from VIOW within 5 days or else they will also forfeit their prize).
14. Details of the winners can be obtained by sending a stamped addressed envelope to the following address: Visit Isle of Wight, Guildhall, High Street, Newport, Isle of Wight, PO33 1TY.
15. The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable, and is not redeemable for cash or other prizes.
16. VIOW retains the right to substitute the prize with another prize of similar value in the event the original prize offered is not available.
17. The winner may be required for promotional activity.
18. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude the liability of VIOW for death, personal injury, fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation as a result of its negligence.
19. VIOW accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering the Competition or accepting the prize. VIOW further disclaims liability for any injury or damage to your or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in connection with the Competition.
20. VIOW reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this Competition with or without prior notice due to reasons outside its control (including, without limitation, in the case of anticipated, suspected or actual fraud). The decision of VIOW in all matters under its control is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
21. VIOW shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations where the failure is caused by something outside its reasonable control. Such circumstances shall include, but not be limited to, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, supervening legislation or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure.
22. The Competition will be governed by English law.
23. Promoter: Visit Isle of Wight, The Guildhall, High Street, Newport, Isle of Wight, PO30 1TY.
At this time, this feature is only available for cars and vans
Please note: vehicle size data is taken from a third party database and is provided here as a guide. As some vehicles may vary from the designed specifications, please ensure that the measurements are correct before booking.Wrong details? Please click here to enter your vehicle sizes manually
Below you will find all other vehicle types with some information around their size.
We recommend that you measure your vehicle before booking