Guest blogger Sophy Norris tells us why she can’t wait to take her family to Eklectica – one of the Isle of Wight’s newest festivals.
The renowned Robin Hill Country Park is going to be the spectacular backdrop to one of the most exciting (and quite frankly best value) festivals around this season. Put on by the team at Robin Hill, Eklectica combines the laid-back, easy atmosphere of the Isle of Wight, with neon experiences, hidden gigs and major headliners in a family-filled atmosphere that my lot cannot wait for!
Here are the five reasons behind our decision to end our summer on an Eklectica Bang!
5. The theme is TROPICAL and NEON. With two girls (and a sometime husband) who love to daub themselves in feathers, colours and glow-in-the-dark make up we are already stockpiling everything bright we can find for Eklectica’s Tropical Party Saturday theme.
4. We love the Isle of Wight –a lot! From hidden coves, to expansive cliffs, cosy pubs and beautiful cottages, you will find warm welcomes and the spirit of discovery across the Island. I am sure all of this, and more, will be on display in and around Eklectica.
3. Getting to a festival by ferry is probably the ultimate in escapism – leaving the mainland (and home) behind and setting off for a weekend of festival fun and music must be on everyone’s bucket list.
2. From a mum’s perspective Ekelctica is also a super affordable event for the whole family. At just £75 per adult, £55 for 10-17 year olds and FREE for under 9s for ALL three days (and amazing headliners every night) – this has to be one of the best value events in the UK this year!
1. Number one of course, has to be the acts – Pixie Lott, Reggie Yates, Toploader, The Fratellis, Scouting for Girls and Tinchy Strider (to name just a few) – are the eclectic lot Eklectica have pulled together for this year’s line-up. And knowing Robin Hill’s ability to put on spectacular shows, we simply couldn’t be excited enough.
You can find out more about Eklectica on our events page and tickets are on sale here: https://eklectica.live/buy-tickets. You can even get 25% off your ferry when booking through Eklectica’s website.
If you’d like to share this with friends, family, the world... or even just bookmark it to read later - click the buttons below. Got an idea for us to try? Get in touch... We’re on Twitter so come and say hi! @wightlinkferry