GENERAL CONDITIONS FOR FERRY SERVICES
These conditions apply to the carriage of all passengers, vehicles and goods on our ferries so PLEASE READ THESE CONDITIONS CAREFULLY
ferry – any catamaran, ship or other vessel operated by us (or by any person on our behalf) on any sailing;
general conditions – these conditions;
goods – cargo, property, baggage, machinery, equipment and other goods including:-
online booking facilities – our online booking facilities which we make available on our website;
passenger – means any person (other than a member of our staff or crew) who:-
person – any natural person and any company or other incorporated or unincorporated body;
photocard – a card issued by us for the purposes of identifying the card holder and which carries a passport size photograph of the card holder;
port – any port or harbour to (or from) which any of our sailings operate;
premises – any premises owned, operated or occupied by us (or any of our authorised agents) including our offices, any passenger lounge or ticket office and any dockside facilities (such as car parks, storage facilities or loading areas) and any dock, pontoon, ramps, gangways and other boarding or loading equipment or facilities;
price – our fees and charges for travel or carriage on a sailing;
regulations – any instructions, rules, stipulations, regulations, guidelines, policies and procedures issued by us which are applicable to tickets, bookings, sailings, passengers, goods or vehicles and shall include our product guide as published on our website from time to time setting out details of our all our ticket and booking types and our other products together with any additional terms and conditions which may apply in respect of them;
route – a route between two ports upon which we operate a ferry;
sailing – a sailing of a ferry on a route;
shipper- any person (including their employee, sub-contractor or agent), whose goods or whose vehicle we carry on any sailing and who does not travel with the goods or vehicle on the sailing as a passenger;
ticket – a ticket we or our authorised agents issue on paper, by fax, by E-mail or electronically to passengers which entitles one or more passengers (and if applicable, one or more vehicles)to travel on one or more sailings and which may include all or any of the following information:-
trailer – any non-motorised wagon, trailer or caravan;
vehicle – includes:-
website – our websitewhich is available at www.wightlink.co.uk;
Wightlink, we, us, our – Wightlink Limited whose registered office is at Gunwharf Road, Portsmouth. PO1 2LA including our staff and crew;
References in these general conditions to ‘you‘and ‘your‘are references to a passenger or a shipper and will include any other person who purchases a ticket or makes a booking for or on behalf of any passenger or shipper;
Any words following the terms including, include, in particular, for example, such as or any similar expression are intended to be illustrative and shall not limit the sense of the words, which follow them.
Download the Passenger Rights under EU Regulation 1177/2010
99.3% reliability based on number of scheduled Vs cancelled sailings across Portsmouth – Fishbourne, Portsmouth – Ryde and Lymington – Yarmouth routes, from 27 March 2016 to 25 March 2017.
4.5* Trip Advisor rating based on Lymington – Yarmouth route on 29 June 2017.
Vouchers can be used towards the purchase of any travel on Wightlink’s services. They cannot be used in retail units, on business credit accounts, nor for any third party extras (such as festival, attraction or rail tickets, etc.).
Vouchers are non-refundable and have no cash redemption value. Valid for one year from date of issue – travel must be completed before the expiry date of the voucher which cannot be extended.
Most vehicle and passenger fares can be reserved online with no booking fee using the special link here. These vouchers cannot be used online with another discount (such as blue badge discount, promotions, special links, etc.) or to make Ticket Pass top-ups. For most other vehicle reservations, a booking fee of £5.00 will apply for bookings made through our Contact Centre or £10.00 at a ticket office. You will need the voucher number at the time of making your booking.
You can use more than one voucher within the same transaction, and if you do not use the full value you can use the voucher again next time you book until all the credit is used up until the expiry date of the voucher. Once the voucher has expired, any remaining value will be lost.
1. Wightlink will offer a discount of 25p on the price of 12oz hot drinks (americano, tea, cappucino, latte, hot chocolate) purchased at any staffed Wight Taste or Costa Coffee outlet. Not valid on speciality coffees or flavoured coffees and teas.
2. Discount applies to full-price hot drinks only. Excludes meal deals or any other drinks promotions.
3. Only reusable cups that are clean, of an appropriate size for the purchased drink and with a secure lid will be accepted. The staff member’s decision as to the acceptability of any cup will be final.
4. Wightlink reserves the right to amend or withdraw this offer at any time without prior notice.
10% off Car, Motorcycle and Foot Passenger day return ferry travel to and from the Isle of Wight
Bookings can be made online at www.wightlink.co.uk, via our Contact Centre 0333 999 7333 or at a Wightlink ticket office, when quoting MP19HTA. Please print this voucher and bring it with you on the day of travel
The offer entitles Hampshire Top Attractions visitors to a 10% discount on all Car, Motorcycle and Foot Passenger day return ferry fares including Economy, Standard and IW Residents tickets when travelling to and from the Isle of Wight. Valid for bookings made and travel taken between 1 January 2019 and 31 December 2019 (inclusive) or until the limit has been reached.
Bookings can be made online www.wightlink.co.uk with no booking fee. Simply enter the promotion code in the ‘Promotion Code’ box at the ‘Your Details’ stage of your booking. The discount will appear at the payment stage. Vehicle bookings made via the Wightlink Contact Centre 0333 999 7333 or in advance at a Wightlink ticket office will incur a £5.00 booking fee. Vehicle bookings made at a Wightlink ticket office at the time of travel will incur a £10.00 booking fee. Payment must be made at the time of booking. The discount cannot be applied retrospectively to a booking.
Vehicles include Low Vehicles (up to 5.00m long and up to 2.24m high), High Vehicles (up to 5.00m long and 2.24m to 4.2m high), Low Passenger vehicles (5.01m to 15m long and up to 2.24m high) and High Passenger vehicles (5.01m to 15m long and over 2.24m to 4.2m high) with a driver and up to 6 (six) passengers. Vehicles also include Motorcycles, Trikes and Quad Bikes with a rider and up to 1 (one) passenger.
The promotion code cannot be used against Season Tickets, Multilink Passes, attraction and festival tickets, any other promotional offer including Tesco Clubcard Boost tokens, already discounted fares, B2B (Business to Business) bookings, groups of 10 foot passengers or more, motorhomes, minibuses, coaches, commercial and freight vehicles over 5.00m in length.
Wightlink reserves the right to modify or cancel the offer at any time.
Wightlink General Conditions for provision of Ferry Services apply.
1. Entry is open to all UK residents who have travelled with Wightlink Ltd and have been invited to take part in this survey. It excludes employees of Wightlink Ltd or anyone professionally connected with the administration of the draw.
2. If you are under 16, please check with your parent or guardian before completing the survey.
3. The prize is (1 x) return car ferry travel to and from the Isle of Wight from either Portsmouth or Lymington, Fishbourne or Yarmouth subject to availability. Ticket is valid for a car plus seven passengers and excludes mini-buses, coaches, caravans / trailers, and commercial vehicles over 5 metres in length.
4. One winner will be chosen on the 28th of each month at random from all entries received.
5. Winner will be notified by the 10th day of the following month.
6. Prize must be redeemed within 12 months of the prize being issued (prize cannot be extended).
7. The prize must be accepted as a whole and no alternative full-cash or other prize is available, in whole or in part, except that in the event of circumstances outside of its control Wightlink Ltd reserves the right to substitute a similar alternative of equal or greater value.
8. Unless otherwise agreed in writing by Wightlink Ltd, the prize will only be available to the winner and cannot be sold or transferred.
9. Wightlink Ltd reserves the right to amend, alter or withdraw the promotion as necessary due to exceptional circumstances outside its reasonable control.
10. Participants are required to supply complete and accurate details. In the case of incomplete or incorrect details being provided, or Wightlink Ltd being unable to contact the winner within 28 days, Wightlink Ltd reserves the right to award the prize to a reserve selected at the same time as the original. If neither can be contacted or doesn’t claim, the prize will be forfeit for that draw.
11. Winning names may be displayed on our website after notification; a paper copy of winning names is available. Please send a SAE to: Customer Relations, Wightlink Ltd, Gunwharf Road, Portsmouth, PO1 2LA.
12. By entering the competition, entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by these terms and conditions. Any contact details will only be used to fulfil the prize and will not be used by Wightlink Ltd nor passed to any third party for marketing purposes. To contact us about the survey or prize, please email our customer relations team at firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to: Customer Relations, Wightlink Ltd, Gunwharf Road, Portsmouth, PO1 2LA.
1. This is a time limited promotional offer which can only be booked online and is non-refundable.
2. 15% off car and motorcycle products and 20% off foot passenger products.
3. Fares are valid for bookings made until 22 December 2019 or until limit has been reached.
4. Travel must be taken between 12 October 2019 and 31 March 2020, excluding 23 to 27 December 2019.
5. Bookings are only valid from the Mainland to the Island (Isle of Wight).
6. We reserve the right to modify or cancel the offers at any time.
7. Tesco Clubcard Boost tokens will not be accepted as part or full payment of tickets.
8. Discounts apply to new bookings only, no refunds will be given in retrospect.
9. Wightlink General Conditions for provision of Ferry Services apply and can be found at www.wightlink.co.uk/terms.
At this time, this feature is only available for cars and vans
Please note: vehicle size data is taken from a third party database and is provided here as a guide. As some vehicles may vary from the designed specifications, please ensure that the measurements are correct before booking.Wrong details? Please click here to enter your vehicle sizes manually
Below you will find all other vehicle types with some information around their size.
We recommend that you measure your vehicle before booking