Based at our Head Office Gunwharf Port
Key elements of the role are:
Strategy and Planning
- Ensure service levels are achieved by internal and external teams.
- Ensure systems are effectively monitored to ensure maximum availability and performance.
- Effectively monitor, control and support the IT solutions in Wightlink.
Operational Management and Support
- Leads the support team of in-house analysts to provide excellent customer service
- Manage the adoption and implementation of change, incident, problem, release and configuration management.
- Manage the internal team to deliver IT support for Wightlink systems including reservation system and ships and operational systems within the support framework.
- Ensure services provided meet agreed KPIs and performance criteria.
- Ensure customer satisfaction exceeds defined criteria
- Manage service and infrastructure support suppliers within SLAs.
- Develop and manage the IT support analysts to provide outstanding customer service.
- Ensure technical skills are sufficient to support constantly evolving technology and systems.
- Develop a strong service management culture within the department supported by clear metrics.
- Manage the on-call process and ensure support is provided 24×7.
In addition the successful candidate will ideally hold:
- Proven experience and demonstrable success of managing support teams and systems support delivering business critical IT systems 24×7.
- 5+ years experience leading a support team.
- Be able to work shift rotas. Provide onsite support as necessary from 0500, until 2200 and at weekends depending on rota.
- Current MCSE desirable e.g.Cloud Platform & Infrastructure.
- Oversee 3rd party suppliers.
- Proven experience of implementing and managing a help desk system. Providing daily/weekly reporting and incident management on the full spectrum of support call analysis.
- Proven experience in implementing and managing IT support using the ITIL Framework.
How to apply
If you are interested in this vacancy, please send a summary of your qualifications, experience and the reasons why you wish to apply to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include all your contact details, including your address, landline and mobile telephone numbers.
The Company is an Equal Opportunities employer and the successful candidate will be selected on the basis of merit and aptitude.
Applications should be submitted in writing by 9 May 2019.